The Rainbow Coalition of Yellowknife believes in safe, accessible community support, and we know that sometimes coming to our space can be a barrier, both in and out of a pandemic. There are many reasons why someone would want to book a peer support appointment, including:
- information / support for your sexuality or questioning your identity
- information / support for your gender or questioning your identity
- support for homophobia, biphobia or transphobia you’re experiencing
- support for being 2SLGBTQIPA+ in the workplace
- support for coming out, or how to support someone who has come out to you
- support for how to talk to your family about your identity, transition, etc.
- support for families trying to support / validate a 2SLGBTQIPA+ sibling, parent, cousin, etc.
- answering questions about the 2SLGBTQIPA+ community that you feel like you can’t ask anyone else
- just to talk or feel connected to community
Our Peer Support Appointments are for individuals, families, couples or all of the above – no one in our community is excluded. The more information you give us on how to help, the better.
Please note that these are not counselling appointments. Our Peer Support team is made up of staff and volunteers at the Rainbow Coalition of Yellowknife that come from many different identities, backgrounds and professions, with one thing in common: we’re here to support you when you need it most.
Fill out the form to get in touch with the Peer Support team! Our appointments are only via phone right now, due to pandemic restrictions for Yellowknife, Behchoko, N’Dilo and Dettah. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
To fill out an application, please click the link: https://forms.gle/Q3EL1k6tpmyN2uZo7